5.11.15

Hunter's 7 Month Update!


 



Height/Weight:
Not too sure about height, as we won't have an appointment until 9 months, & I don't want to try measure myself because he's never willing to lay still haha! We just weighed him the other day and he's 20lbs!
Routine:
This is an approximate time of his schedule. Times will vary, but it's usually somewhere around these times! His naps are like, maximum 1 hour. They usually tend to be around 40 mins.
7am: Breastfeeds himself awake
8am: Breakfast - Baby oatmeal with fruit 
9:30am: Nap
10:30am: Wake up & breastfeed
11:30am: This nap is a hit or miss and usually sets the tone of the day haha! He used to always take his 2 morning naps close together but then he started kind of phase it out & push it until the afternoon. It seems like it's coming back now.. We'll see.
12:30pm: Wake up & breastfeed
1:00pm: Lunch - 2 cubes of puree. I like to do something like fruit with quinoa or chia seeds, or a protein that isn't meat, like chick peas or black beans. 
3:00pm: Nap
4:00pm: Wake up & breastfeed 
5:00pm: Dinner - I like to give him a meat & sweet potato puree or another protein, then a veggie or veggie/fruit combo for dessert. 
6:00pm: Bath time
6:30pm: Play and read like 10-15 books before we lay him down for the night. No joke, he loves reading. 
7:30pm-8:00pm: Bed time
Then he wakes up maybe 4 times before morning to dream feed!
Just hanging out, watching 101 Dalmatians
Sleeping:
Well, were back to somewhat of a schedule. He had a week where everything was sooooo messed up, sleep wise. We had a night where he was wide awake at 3am & waking up for the day at 5am some other mornings. Gah it was terrible terrible terrible. 
Now were back to about the same schedule as before. Waking up at 7am for the day, 3 naps, then down for the night at about 8pm. 
I still bring him into my bed when he wakes up for the first or second time after he's gone down for the night, but when he wakes up to nurse around 5am, I usually bring him back to his crib. He doesn't seem to want to go back to sleep in my bed at that time, but if I put him in his crib, he'll pass right out! It's kind of nice, but it's also a little frustrating because I tend to stay awake and not fall back asleep for a long time!
One day, we'll get a good system going that we both like. Maybe one day he'll even sleep through the night, in his crib! Haha.. Wishful thinking. 
We were having a rough day & Bo took over so I could shower... When I came out of the shower, this is what I saw. 
This literally never happens. It's so extremely rare that he falls asleep on me like this. I think it's happened maybe 3 times since he was a newborn.
Eating/Feeding:
He still breastfeeds every time he wakes up from a nap, and sometimes before he goes down for a nap. He usually only does that if he's missed a nap and has been awake for a long time. He nurses probably 4 times a night still too. 
I have a huge stock of bagged homemade purees that I froze in ice cube trays. Fruits, veggies, grains, proteins. It's quite a nice variety I'd say! He loves fruit, obviously... But he'll literally eat anything I give him. I made him a black bean/avocado puree with chill powder, cumin, and garlic, & I thought "he is going to hate this", but he gobbled it all up! 
I always breastfeed before I give him solids.
I'll give him 2 cubes of fruit mixed with baby oatmeal in the morning.
Then 2-3 cubes of something for lunch. I'll usually try do veggies mixed with fruit, or a fruit & grain or bean puree. 
Then he has 2 cubes of meat or some other protein for dinner and then 2 cubes of veg or fruit puree for "dessert". 
*He's also done baby led with chicken parm, toast, banana, apple and pasta!

Sizes:
For clothing he is anywhere between 6 months and 12 months.
He's in size 4 diapers.
Milestones:
HE TOOK HIS FIRST STEP!
He has also grown 2 teeth so far!
He's also learned how to flip pages in a book.
He knows to sit down when I tell him to sit down. [Always when he's in the tub! Little monkey!]
He also had his first Halloween! My second favourite holiday :)