23.6.15

3 Month Postpartum Update!


3 months already. So crazy! 
There's really not a whole lot about myself to update... again. Haha! If you read my "Fitness?!" blog post, you'll know that I was going to try increase the health factor in my life. I've still be walking and I've gone on a couple runs. Woo! 
I'm getting better at eating better. "Add more good things, so there's less room for the bad things!" is a great quote to try live by, in all aspects of life, not just food. I like to eat simply. The less ingredients the better. Or eat things found along the edges of the grocery store, and not the aisles... That's another good tip I find helps! 
Still have no idea how much I weigh, and I haven't taken any measurements... but I probably should do that soon! 
I almost lost my mind last week when Hunter was losing his. I discovered how important "me time" really is. It's not easy to do, but I'm trying to get more of that "me time" in my life! It is so necessary to have, in my opinion, in order to be the best mom you can be!  

Here is a blog post with my thoughts on motherhood and my experience on how it can be such a struggle sometimes.


This is how I get housework done sometimes. Let the baby hang out in the carrier while I do laundry and dishes haha! He isn't the biggest fan of this carrier. I need to experiment with more... but I find the long fabric ones [that I desperately wish I had!!!!] are so pricey! I just can't bring myself to spend over $50 for a wrap, as much as I want to!

Now onto that cute little infant boy of mine! No longer a newborn! Gah! So big, so fast!


Height/Weight:
I'm not sure how much he weighs. We haven't had him weighed since he got his shots at 9 weeks. 
I tried to measure him myself, & I got 67 cm!!
I'll get a more accurate height and weight at this 4 month appointment.


Routine:
Ahh we don't really have one. It's basically the same as it was 3 weeks ago. Wake up at 7 am-ish. Nurse. Play. Then we do this like 5 times throughout the day, maybe... If he decides to nap. Sometimes he'll wake up as I'm trying to lay him down, and then that's it.. He won't go back to sleep. Bath around 7pm. Bed around 9 or 10. He sleeps for about 3 hours when he goes down for the night, then up every couple hours after that. 


Sleeping:
Not enough. Lol! I don't know how long the average baby naps for during the day, but mine doesn't like to sleep for long! If I get an hour nap out of him, I'm thanking the gods. He typically naps for like, 20-40 minutes every couple hours. He's extended his bedtime, which is now at like 9 or 10 instead of 7 or 8.... He still wakes up at about 7 am though. 



Eating/Feeding:
Still basically exclusively breastfeeding with the random bottle here and there for car rides. I'm trying to get him to feed when he wakes up from naps, so he doesn't associate my boobs with sleeping... but I do still need to nurse him before he falls asleep sometimes - if he's been awake for a long period of time. He nurses every couple hours in the middle of the night... Half of which I'm barely awake for since we've started to master nursing while laying down! WIN!

Sizes: 
Well.. I've started packing up his 0-3 month clothes. I put a 0-3 month onesie on him yesterday, and his shoulders were busting out of the top!! Haha! He's still fitting 3 month clothes, but not for long. His main size right now is 3-6 months. I had to buy a few 3-6 month sleepers yesterday because he only had 1! I'm willing to bet those don't last long, so I won't be buying anymore. 4 will have to do because I'm sure I'll be needing to get 6-12 month soon!
He's still in size 2 diapers, but once this box is done, I'll be putting him in size 3's.

Milestones:
Well he's officially and "infant" now and not a "newborn"!! *Cries*
He rolled over! I think it was a fluke though. The unevenness of the bed probably helped with that.... But he definitely rolled over from his front, to his back, to his front again. It was exciting. 
He's getting so ticklish, it's so fun! 
He giggles so much now... & laughs in his sleep.
He keeps getting more and more attentive. He's so aware of his surroundings. 
He chews on anything & everything. He's such a drool monster! I'm sure he's going to be teething soon, if he isn't already! I keep feeling & looking in his mouth, but I don't see anything yet!
He loves standing!! With help, of course.
He's starting to lose so much hair! When he was born, he had thick dark hair! Now, he looks like he has a receding hairline haha! I read that sometimes when a baby loses their hair, the new hair that grows back can be a completely different colour! Maybe he will end up having blonde hair like his dad???