2.6.15

9 Week Postpartum Update!

I don't have much to say about myself. I saw my nurse practitioner yesterday for what should have been a "6 week" check up. She said everything is great and healed up perfect. I got the go ahead for everything. Which isn't a surprise since I'm 9 weeks postpartum haha! I was going to weigh myself and I totally forgot! I think I'll just use a scale at Walmart next time I go haha! I do notice a big change in my body over the last month! Thanks breastfeeding!
I haven't been exercising per say, but we do try go for a walk every day. It's been rainy and cold outside, so we've just been staying warm indoors. I also haven't really been eating the greatest. I need to start planning meals that are healthy and take about 15 minutes to whip up. I don't have much spare time on my hands. This baby of mine doesn't like to be alone for very long.
Now onto Hunter!
Height/Weight: 
We just had Hunter's 2 month appointment today. He is 9 weeks and 1 day.
He is 62.5cm long.. 3.5cm in 3 weeks! My tall baby.
He weighs 13 lbs 12 oz.
His head circumfrence is 42 cm.
Our nurse practitioner, Kelly, said he is at the top of the charts for his age!
Routine:
Our routine hasn't really changed much in the last 3 weeks, except for the fact that the 4-5 hour stretch of sleep he had going on, no longer exists.
We wake up around 7am & play because he is so frikkin smiley and happy at this time. Then he eats and goes to sleep again. Then when he wakes up, I feed him & then entertain him for a little while. It usually doesn't take too much effort to keep him happy in the morning. He then goes back to sleep, wakes up, eats and then this is about the time of day where he needs a bit more entertainment. He actually loves watching cartoons for a short period of time. He likes Betty Boop. Nap. Wake up & eat. We usually go for a walk around this time if its nice outside. Come home, more entertainment. Nap, wake up, eat. Do things. Nap, wake up, eat. Do things. Bath. Bedtime.
Then he sleeps for about 3-4 hours, which is his longest stretch of sleep.. That is, if he doesn't go into one of his insane crying fits. Then instead of falling asleep, we bounce on the yoga ball & I usually end up having to feed him again before he goes to sleep.
He's a good sleeper at night. He wakes up to eat and then crashes right out again. I don't need to put him to sleep like I do during the day. Depending on when he goes to sleep "for the night", he'll wake up around 12am, 2 am, 4-5am, then up around  7 "for the day".  
Sleeping:
I've been trying really hard to get him to take longer naps during the day. When he starts fussing and waking up, I stick his soother back in his mouth. If that doesn't work, I'll pick him up and bounce him on the yoga ball. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. He usually starts fussing about 20 minutes into a nap. If I try really hard, I can get him to sleep for around an hour.  Night time is a breeze. Even though I wake up every couple hours, he's so quiet and efficient, that we fall right back asleep.
His sleepy smiles are so cute!
Eating/Feeding:
He normally eats every time he wakes up from a nap. It only takes him about 10 minutes to feed on one boob. He's also started nursing from the other side again, which takes about another 5-10 minutes.
We've also started to give him a bottle of pumped breast milk. That boy doesn't know what "nipple confusion" is. He's drank from 2 different bottles, has a soother, and still nurses like a champ. Makes my life much easier in the feeding department, thats for sure! We've only given him 3 bottles over the last few days. 1 was just to test at home to see how he'd like it. The other 2 were brought for long car rides.
Sizes: 
I feel like he just grew into 0-3 month clothing, and now he's pretty much starting to grow out of them. The onesies all fit, because they have a good stretch to them haha! But soon I'll be packing them away because he's been wearing a few 3-6 month outfits & is quickly growing into them with no problem what so ever.
He's also in size 2 diapers. There was a couple size 1's in his diaper bag that I didn't use, so I put one on him the other day, just so they didn't go to waste. HA! Yah... right. They don't fit. 
Milestones:
He found his hands & it was the cutest thing to watch!
He's much more aware of his surroundings. He was entertained by a toy hanging from his car seat. He sat there for like 15 minutes just looking at it & trying to reach for it. 
His vision must be getting much better as well. He can see me standing across the room. 
He is so interactive! He's getting ticklish, which is so cute. 
He smiles and giggles <3 Melt my heart.