1.10.15

6 Month Postpartum Update!






Outdoor play time in the tub because it was really hot that day.


Peeking at my cute baby wearing boyfriend, taking the babies for a walk <3 

Height/Weight:
We have an appointment on the 6th to get his shots, so we won't know until then how much he weighs. I would try to measure him myself but he's such a squirmy wormy and he typically gets pissed off when I lay him down for anything.. Sooooo were not going to try.

Routine:
Well... before, it was... Wake up, go outside, nap, walk to the mail and play, nap, play etc., nap, play etc., eat solids, bath, nap, nurse, sleep.... with breastfeeding before and after each nap. 
Now, since his naps are few and far between... We're just trying to survive the day. He still seems to go to sleep for the night and wake up for the day at around the same time though, which is nice. He also still sleeps all night, except for that one night he woke up at 5am and for about half an hour to party.. but he just nursed and fell back asleep.

Sleeping:
He goes to sleep for the night around 7:30 in his crib, wakes up a couple hours later to nurse, & then stays in my bed for the night. He wakes up 3-4 times a night to nurse then is up for the day at 7:30am. Napping has turned into the biggest nightmare of our lives. I typically would bounce him to sleep & lay him in his crib to nap. He would sometimes wake up as I was laying him down, so I would put him back to sleep and lay him back down. Now, he refuses to stay sleeping as I lay him down. So now were doing the "cry it out" method because he doesn't go to sleep on his own what so ever. I'll bounce him to sleep, lay him down, and if he stays sleeping [haha yah right] then WOO! If he wakes up, he cries and screams for a few minutes, I'll check on him, cries and screams for a few more minutes, I'll check on him, repeat and continue for eternity. He has yet to actually fall asleep on his own because after a couple hours of doing this, I either need to feed him again or I'll bounce him back to sleep and pray to the sleep gods that he stays sleeping when I lay him down. 
He hardly ever falls asleep in the car anymore and never sleeps in the stroller. 
I can only imagine that one day when he falls asleep on his own, all the wonderful things I'll be able to do! Like, grocery shopping, going for a walk in the park, drive anywhere....Do anything.....
Seriously, having a baby who doesn't fall asleep on his own every, anywhere, at any time, has gotta be THEE hardest thing about parenthood for me. 
The hardest effing thing.

Eating/Feeding:
He's still breastfeeding. He probably nurses every couple hours, usually before and after he wakes up from a nap. He's also been trying out some solid foods! 
He's had:
-Roasted carrots, cut into finger sized wedges
-Steamed broccoli, cut with a good chunk of the stalk still left on for something to hang onto
-Apple [from our yard], quartered and halved, skin on
-Peach, halved & pitted with skin on. He's also had frozen slices in a mesh feeder
-Peach applesauce [homemade], spoon fed
-Blueberries, frozen in a mesh feeder
-Rice Cereal, we had a sample pack come in the mail, so I thought I'd try it
Today he is [hopefully] going to try a puree of green beans. I just blended steamed beans in my magic bullet. He was supposed to have it yesterday but it was a rotten day for naps and we just couldn't incorporate it in.
I love baby led weaning, but I also love the mesh feeder as well as spoon feeding. Hunter is all for all of it. He's already figured out how to feed himself, and how to use a spoon -with my help of course. I load up the spoon and bring it to his mouth and he grabs onto it and gets all the food off, then "gives it back" for a refill.

Sizes:
His average size is 6 months... But everything is sized so crazy different that he's wearing clothes that are between 0-3 & 12 months!
He's wearing size 4 diapers.

Milestones:
He finally cut his first tooth! Little bugger was taking forever to make it's appearance. 
He is also crawling like it aint no thang! That happened quick. 
He rocks back and forth to "dance".. so frikkin cute. 
He pulls himself up using everything & he's even stood up on his own for a few seconds. 
He saw the ocean for the first time! That's something thats important to us, his dad especially... To see and experience nature!


Look at those poor rosy cheeks from teething.
His favourite snack!  

His first time at the ocean! 


Their relationship consists of him trying to grab her face and her trying to lick his.