2.3.15

Pregnancy Questionnaire #2 - 37 Weeks

I thought I would do another, different pregnancy questionnaire then I normally do, now that I'm full term! I found this one and thought it would be a nice addition for this week :) I still did my regular one because it would feel wrong to have a week missing!

How far along are you now? 
37 Weeks 

Did you have morning sickness?  
I had REALLY bad morning sickness during my first trimester. Up until I was 14 weeks, I was sick basically every single day. It was actually quite terrible. I would wake up in the morning and instantly throw up in the bin beside me. I could only eat/ drink Lipton Chicken Noodle Soup. I was prescribed Diclectin but it really didn't help much. 
The worst part was having to drive from Southern Ontario to New Brunswick when I was 11 weeks pregnant. I had such a hard time making that drive [16 hours]. It took me 4 days! When I originally moved from Northern Ontario to Southern Ontario [26 hour drive], it only took me 2 days! It's amazing how that first trimester knocked me down!
Did you have any cravings?  
I get random cravings every now and again, but my MAIN craving throughout the pregnancy was apples! Sweet apples like Honeycrisp, or Red Delicious... Mmmm... Oh along with Simply Fresh Pressed Apple Juice. 
Did you have any mood swings?  
Oh did I ever. I would say mostly in my third trimester... My first trimester was rough due to all the sickness, but I was also exhausted & took a lot of naps. In my third trimester, I'm quite tired again, but I'm so uncomfortable now, that I can't nap, therefore, quite moody!
Are you a high risk pregnancy? 
Nope. I've been lucky to have quite a "normal" pregnancy!
Any complications?  
Nope! Another thing I am very thankful for. 
Formula or Breastfeeding?  
Really really really hopping to breastfeed. I told a friend of mine that if I could have one thing go my way with the pregnancy, labour, birth or anything afterwards, it would be to be able to successfully breastfeed. 
Have you bought anything for the baby yet?  
Theres still some things I need to buy, such as shampoo, lotion, nail clippers, etc. I have the basics & necessities for now. Were slow buyers. 
When did you start to show?  
I was about 9 weeks when I first noticed a belly poking out!
How long could you wear your regular clothes?  
I'm still wearing my regular clothes! At 37 weeks, I'm thoroughly impressed with myself. There are some jeans that definitely don't pull up past my thighs anymore, but I have other pants that still fit! There are also a few shirts that no longer fit, but for the most part, I can wear almost everything I had pre-pregnancy! 
Will you keep the baby’s clothes?  
Yep! I'll for sure keep his clothes & anything else because we plan to have baby #2 pretty close to the first one.
Home or Hospital?  
Hospital! Although I do joke around that Bo should brush up on his midwife skills, just in case I can't make it to the hospital for some reason haha!
I wouldn't be against a home birth, if I was closer to a hospital, for a back up, just in case. Were currently an hour and a half from the hospital I'll be delivering at... So that is way too scary to think of, if something was to go wrong with a home birth. 
Natural or Medicated birth? 
Natural. My OB told me that Fentanyl was a pain relief method she would recommend while I'm in labour. The thought of that drug being in my veins & going to my baby absolutely terrifies me. I fully believe my body is capable of birthing a baby without any dugs. I'm hoping I can keep this mentality all the way through the labour. The pain won't last forever... right?
Who will be in the delivery room with you?  
Bo for sure... & possibly my mom if she's here.
Do you think you will need a C-section?  
I really really hope not. I don't want my first surgery to be a C-section! I really hope to have a vaginal birth.
Will you cry when you hold the baby for the 1st time?  
Oh, guaranteed. 
What’s the 1st thing you might say to the baby?  
I'll probably say "Hi" haha! Then I plan to sing Happy Birthday to him <3
Will you let anyone video tape the birth?  
I would LOVE that... but I doubt that'll happen. I'll need Bo for support, & not holding a video camera. 
Are you excited?    
Of course!
Who will help you with the baby after the birth?  
My mom will hopefully be here for a few days... Other then her, it's just Bo & I. 
What is your favorite thing about being pregnant?  
Feeling him move around & learning his little personality already. 
What is the worst thing about being pregnant?  
The feeling of my pelvis shattering, & my wrists burning. 
What’s one thing you miss doing since being pregnant?    
Drinking wine.... & sleeping on my stomach!
Any days you wish you were not pregnant?
No.. never. 
Are you ready for a baby?   
Yep!
How many kids do you want?  
2, possibly 3. 
Do you talk to the baby?  
I ask him to get his feet out of my ribs & to stop head butting my cervix. He doesn't usually listen.
Do you still feel attractive?  
I've literally never felt more confident about my body in my life! 
Have you had your baby shower yet?  
I had one back in Red Lake with my mom & a few aunties. 
Do you like kids?  
Most of them! haha!

Here are is some pregnancy humour that I thought was quite comical and super accurate lol!